FootJoy. It's about comfort. It's about performance. It's about tradition. For nearly 150 years, FootJoy has been committed to creating superior golf footwear, gloves, and accessories that will enhance your on-course experience.
Second to none, FootJoy is the choice of those who love the game, from young to old, from amateur to top professional. For more than 55 years, FootJoy has been the leading golf shoe on the PGA tour. This proves, when given a choice, the best golfers in the world choose the best golf shoes in the world.
- Burt and Packard Shoe Company founded in Brockton, Massachusetts. Soon thereafter named Field and Flint Company.
- Field and Flint Company's FootJoy line of golf shoes becomes official shoe for American Ryder Cup team captained by Walter Hagen.
- FootJoy wins its first shoe count on U.S. PGA Tour.
- Stone and Tarlow families purchase Field and Flint Company.
- All FootJoy production moved to Stone/Tarlow Plant on Field Street in Brockton, Massachusetts.
- Field and Flint Company becomes officially known as FootJoy, Inc.
- General Mills, Inc. purchases controlling interest in FootJoy.
- General Mills, Inc. acquires full ownership.
- FootJoy enters the golf glove business. Sta-Sof gloves are introduced.
- Introduction of the Sta-Sof® cabretta leather golf glove, which quickly becomes the #1 selling glove in golf. This begins close working relationship with Pittards of England.
- FootJoy enters the sock business. Socks are FootJoy's third core category.
- Acushnet Company acquires FootJoy, Inc. from General Mills.
- DryJoys® golf shoes were introduced. Even today, DryJoys still set the standard for waterproof golf shoe technology.
- Titleist/FootJoy (Thailand) Ltd. started in Laem Chabang Industrial Estate, exclusively for the manufacturing of golf gloves.
- FootJoy celebrates the sale of the 50 millionth glove sold worldwide.
DryJoys Leather SystemTM , non-membrane waterproof technology introduced, revolutionizing golf shoe industry.
DryJoys with IntelliGelTM Fit-Bed® introduced, providing temperature responsive arch support.
FootJoy Laser Fitting System unveiled at PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando.
Introduction of specialty glove categories: Winter-Sof and Rain Grip.
- Strategic marketing/OEM product alliance established with SoftSpikes, Inc. Introduction of DryJoys Performance OuterwearTM. FootJoy introduces women's fashion category: The FootJoy Europa Collection®.
- FootJoy word mark graphics and logo updated. Introduction of complete line of customized products from FootJoy (gloves, socks, outerwear, and accessories). Proprietary Laser Fitting system travels the United States.
- Introduction of the 2 year waterproof welted golf shoe; Classics Dry® Premiere Introduction of the Dry I.C.E.® golf shoe. Dry I.C.E. golf shoe is built on new Laser Last. The Laser Last is a composite of thousands of digital scans of men's feet by the FootJoy Laser Fitting System. Fast TwistTM insertion system becomes standard on all FootJoy non-Classics golf shoes.
- FootJoy and Pittards introduce AQUAf.l.e.x. Leather SystemTM in Dry I.C.E. and DryJoys golf shoes. FootJoy, and Pittards, once again, revolutionizes non-membrane waterproof technology. Introduction of super soft eComfortTM golf shoes. Introduction of ultra thin Sta-Sof® Premiere golf glove.
- DryJoys re-engineered with OPTIFLEXTM Technology producing the most flexible DryJoys ever. Built upon the success of the developing lasts from Laser Fitting System data, FootJoy introduces the Women's Laser Last. Introduction of Contour SeriesTM golf shoe, with patented comfort technology. Reengineered women's DryJoys golf shoe, re-launched with Women's Laser Last and the Vari-Fit SystemTM. Introduction of F3TM, Women's Sta-CoolerTM, Women's Sta-Cooler Sport glove.
- Introduction of GelFusion™ with iSuspension™ technology, Xdimension™, and women's eComfort™ golf shoes. FootJoy is again the #1 shoe at the Ryder Cup Matches.