#1 SHOE IN GOLF           #1 GLOVE IN GOLF

Forums

Hope to be back to playing after surgery Thursday

•  

My game has been lacking since November as some of you are aware. Played two rounds in November, had injection in spine, played two rounds in early in December, had injection in Spine.  Went on cruise in January, came back had another injection in spine.  The results of the injections were minimal for about a week and the pain in the lower back L5 and lower leg always returned.  The quality of life, well there has been none, when you cannot walk without pain.  Went to my Dr at the spine institute yesterday and the are doing foraminotomy surgery on me at 1230 am Thursday.  This will hopefully eliminate the spurs on my spine at L5 that are pinching the nerve that is causing all my pain.  I will be in the hospital overnight, and they plan on me walking out of the hospital on Friday.  No driving for two weeks, walking up to two miles a day during the first 4-6 weeks, then 4-6 weeks of physical therapy.  Will be cutting it close, but hope to make the RBC pro/ams at Hilton Head in mid, then our cruise on the Rhine in June.  Oh year, then back to playing golf that I have so missed, the walls are caving in.  My FJ apparel and clubs are gathering dust.    

•  

Wishing you the best of luck on Thursday and a speedy recovery that you'll be able to get back out there soon.  

•  

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Us old guys can leave a trail of broken body parts behind us.

• 4899 points

Our prayers are with you Chuck and hope everything works out as planned.

• 4829 points

Good luck my friend and I hope that you have a quick recovery!

•  

Yeah.... that health thing does tend to impact one's ability to enjoy the game of golf. Sadly, things haven't been the same for me since 08/16/17.... But we forge ahead, Onward

•  

Tar Heel
    Yeah.... that health thing does tend to impact one's ability to enjoy the game of golf. Sadly, things haven't been the same for me since 08/16/17.... But we forge ahead, Onward

Doc says I can play golf after the surgery, told him that would be great because I wasn't very good at it before.......I am really looking forward to this procedure and the relief from constant pain......twelve weeks and counting..... =)

•  

Best of luck, Chuck!

•  

Surgery went well.  Surgery team said they were able to relieve all the pressure from the nerve.  Once out in recovery and then in my room no pain in the leg.  PRICELESS.  Did some pt in the hospital today and able to walk up and down a flight of stairs.  My wife the enforcer is ensuring that I follow the instructions of the Dr as well as the PT team.  Stort walks leading up to two miles within the next four weeks.  Feel like they did their best, because I sure feel better.  

• 4829 points

That's really great news Chuck! It's good that your wife is the enforcer.

•  

Bruce, she is the very best at making sure I follow instructions and do what is best for me.  She even walks with me do ensure that I do not overdo it.  We walked out to the mailbox a couple of times yesterday and then walked three mailboxes down and back twice.  Really felt good to get out of the house and to just walk.  No pain, priceless.  We are doing baby steps.  Took the dog with us once last evening, made it a real family event.  I just feel so good and that is really hard to explain the pain that I was suffering.  Hope this continues.  See how all these goes over the next eleven weeks.  Optimistic, and cannot wait to get back to walking, having a normal life and playing some golf.  Cheers to all......Chuck  

• 4829 points

Chuck,

Sounds like you're doing good and don't over do it. If I didn't listen to my wife last August about going to ER at Stanford, I most likely wouldn't be here today.

•  

Aloha Bruce
    Chuck,

Sounds like you're doing good and don't over do it. If I didn't listen to my wife last August about going to ER at Stanford, I most likely wouldn't be here today.

Sounds like you and I have some pretty sharp wives.......

•  

Glad to hear that you're pain free and feeling much better.  Hope that you continue making progress!

• 627 points

Keep up the hard work Chuck!  Speedy recovery!